Rhinoplasty is surgery aimed at changing the shape and contours of the nose.
Rhinoplasty is the most common plastic operation on the face and one of the most effective, which can radically change the appearance. Ugly nose shape, especially in female patients, causes a lot of inconvenience. The procedure allows correction of the nose and its parts: the wings, the back, the tip. Therefore, using such operation, surgeon can reduce or narrow the nose, remove a hump, change the shape of the nostrils, correct the shape of the back and tip of the nose. The possibility of reconstructive rhinoplasty allows to solve problems such as nasal obstruction, a deviated septum, acquired defects of certain structures of the nose.
KEY POINTS OF THE OPERATION
- Rhinoplasty is performed under general anesthesia.
- Under local anesthesia, it is permissible to make minor corrective procedures.
- Methods of operation are determined by the surgeon individually: it depends on the characteristics of the patient and his / her wishes about the outcome.
- Duration of surgery: 1-2 hours.
- Stay in hospital: 1 day.
Dr. Roman Redin is an adept and supporter of the school of closed rhinoplasty of Artur Vladimirovich Rybakin, one of the most famous and successful rhinoplastic surgeons in our country.
THE REHABILITATION PERIOD
- After surgery it is recommended to stay in hospital during the day.
- The sutures are absorbable and do not require to be removed.
- Closed method of operation is more gentle, therefore the recovery period is quicker.
- The gypsum is removed on 7-8 day after surgery.
- The most unpleasant symptoms after nose plastic surgery – swelling and bruising – are gone in 2 weeks.
- The final result of rhinoplasty can be evaluated through 1 year.