In our culture a person is considered beautiful if he/she has the correct structure balanced in relation to each other features.
And this small caveat, the size of the chin may not improve the overall picture. However, it has its own peculiarities according to gender. If a heavy and massive chin can give a man a characteristic brutality (the so-called "chiseled chin"), it is not acceptable for women. Conversely, a small chin more suited to women than men. The mentoplasty is a surgical operation that changes the appearance of your chin improving its shape, size, position, or eliminating birth defects. Depending on the problems (strongly protruding, asymmetrical, or poorly developed chin) moving, removal or smoothing of the bones forming the base of the chin and the placement of implants are the most popular types of genioplasty.
KEY POINTS OF THE OPERATION
- The mentoplasty is performed under General anesthesia.
- Methods of operation are determined by the surgeon individually: it depends on the characteristics of the patient and his / her wishes about the outcome.
- Duration of surgery: 30 mins - 1 hour.
- Stay in hospital: 1 day.
THE REHABILITATION PERIOD
- After surgery it is recommended to stay in hospital during the day.
- The sutures are absorbable and do not require to be removed.
- Swelling disappears within 2 weeks.