Blefaroplasty – the plastic surgery on change of a form of upper/lower eyelids directed on achievement of necessary esthetic result.
The main task – to eliminate surplus of fatty educations and skin. Blefaroplasty helps to get rid of age changes a century, to correct a form and a section of eyes. Blefaroplasty is divided into correction of the upper and lower eyelids, very often these operations are performed at the same time. As a result the look becomes more open and young. Operation miniinvasive, cuts do in the field of natural folds, and after a while, they become absolutely imperceptible. Indications to operation are sagging of a fold of skin of upper eyelids, fatty hernias ("bags" under eyes), surplus of skin in the field of lower eyelids, omission of an external corner of eyes.
KEY POINTS OF THE OPERATION
- Blefaroplasty is carried out both under the general, and under local anesthesia.
- Methods of carrying out operation are defined by the surgeon individually: everything depends on features of the patient and his wishes concerning result.
- Duration of surgery: 30 min. – 1,5 hours.
- Stay in hospital: 1 days.
THE REHABILITATION PERIOD
- After the operation staying in a hospital within a day is recommended. Sutures are removed after 4-6 day period.
- Bruises and oedema pass within 1,5-2 weeks.
- It is necessary to protect eyes from direct sunlight during rehabilitation period.