AUGMENTATION MAMMOPLASTY / BREAST ENLARGEMENT
The mammary gland is particularly important in our culture and is associated with such concepts as beauty, femininity and sexuality.
Breast augmentation also known as augmentation mammoplasty is a surgical procedure aimed at increasing breast size, adjust the shape of the Breasts, improve the proportions relative to the rest of the body, and as a consequence self-esteem. Thus, augmentation mammoplasty is applicable in the following situations: - to improve the proportions of the figure with insufficient volume of the Breasts, - for the correction of sagging and volume reduction of the breast, due to breast-feeding - to correct the difference in the volume of the mammary glands (physiological asymmetry) in reconstructive surgery of the breast.
Dr. Redin is an adept of the famous school of breast plastic surgery of Nikolay Olegovich Milanov, and uses the experience gained under the guidance of internationally renowned plastic surgeons Jian Farhadi and Artur Vladimirovich Rybakin. For the most thorough comparison of the wound edges a doctor Redin uses a binocular magnifying glass, which is reflected in the quality (stealth) postoperative scar.
KEY POINTS OF THE OPERATION
- Mammoplasty is performed exclusively under general anesthesia.
- Duration of procedure: 30 minutes – 1.5 hours.
- Stay in hospital: 1 day
- Three access options: subglandular (in the crease under the breast), periareolar (along the lower semicircle of the areola of the nipple) and axillary (through armpit)
THE REHABILITATION PERIOD
- Pain after surgery can expressed to a greater or lesser extent depending on the location of the implant, however, in any case can be countered with medication.
- During the next month you must wear a special compression garment.
- Limit physical activity for 2 months. Suture removal is 5-7 days.
- Special rehabilitation programmes after mammoplasty significantly reduce the time of recovery.
- Evaluate the end result of the operation is possible in 1.5-3 months.